2) Limited possibility of the keeping.
3) Urgency of the service. The problem concerning the service must be solved very quickly. The urgency and the situation of the hotel are the most important factors by the choice of the hotel.
4) The broad participation of the staff in the production process. Personal service cannot be mechanized or automated. Some technologies are being instituted to speed up routine tasks, but the human element is the determining one of the hospitality business. Therefore the problem of the standardization is significant in the lodging industry. The standards of the service are worked out at many hotels. They are the rules of the service, which guarantee the level of quality of all operations. These are the time of the official registration, the knowledge of foreign languages and the out-word appearance of the personal. The work at the hotel brings the employee into contact with people from all walks of life. Guests will include the wealthy and the poor, engaging and obnoxious. Each guest offers the employee an opportunity learns more about human nature. Employees not only have direct responsibility for guest service, the also have the benefit of witnessing the guest’s satisfaction. The managers generally need more hands-on experience before assuming managerial positions. The skills of understanding, motivation and directing people can best be developed through experience.
5) Seasonal demand for the hotel service. It has an influence on the loading of the hotel.
6) Interdependency between the hotel service and the purpose of the traveling.
III. The structure of the management in the lodging industry consists of administrative secnating.
In the lodging industry there are three types of the structure:
1) Lineal structure. Every section has the manager who is responcible for the activities of this section. This manager submits to the higher manager. The advantages of this structure are the clear responsibility, the simplicity of the management. But the manager must be very skilled to manage all processes. Besides that there are too many contacts with the subordinamper the work of the manager.
2) The functional structure. The main idea is that the specialists perform the separate functions and they are united in departments. The advantages of the functional structure are the high competence of the specialists, standardization and the programming of the processes. The main problem of this structure is the excessive centralization.
3) Lineal-functional. It includes the special sections by the lineal managers. Among the advantages one can account the co-operation of the experts and the better preparation of the decisions and plans. The defects of this structure are the unclear responsibility and the absence of the connections between departments.
In addition to the usual management positions, multi-unit companies may have area, district, and regional and/or corporate-level management. There may be several separate departments operating at a hotel, requiring frequent communication among staff members to co-ordinate their activities.
The administrative structure of the hotel depends on its purpose, capacity and the specific character of the guests.
IV. Among the main methods of the management in the lodging industry we can number economic, administrative and social psychological methods.
The leading idea of the economic method is to make such kind of the conditions to the staff, in which it can take into account at most the consequences of its administrative and production activities.
The administrative method is based on the directive instructions. The main purpose of the social-psychological method is the forming of the positive climate in the collective. The success of the activities of the manager depends in the main on his ability to work with people and on right using all these methods.
Реферат опубликован: 26/04/2008